He's grown even more since this day! He's my little buddy and daddy's best friend!
1 year has passed since I gave birth to my sweet baby Cohen. 1 year has passed since I first saw his face and held him in my arms. 1 year has passed and a lot of firsts have occurred. It has been a wonderful year since he entered into our lives and changed my life forever. The spirit he has brought in to our home is outstanding. His big personality shines through more and more each day. He has accomplished so much in his short little time in this life.
His first food was rice cereal, that didn't last long. We quickly moved on to more flavorful foods. He LOVES any kind of food you put in front of him and started eating solids at about 5-6 months. He's been a great eater ever since. Now he just eats what we are eating, unless it's Pita bread; he's not a fan of that.
He cut his first tooth on Benjamin's birthday, September 25, 2012. He actually cut two at the same time, his bottom two teeth. Shortly after (October 24, 2012) he got four teeth on the top and has recently cut another tooth on the bottom. I'm pretty sure his molars are coming in. He won't stop chewing on his fingers.
His first words were of course, mama and dada. He learned to sign 'mom' as well. Ever since that first word he is always 'talking'. He is so smart. His favorite sayings are: 'Bye, Bye', 'Dada', 'No', 'Mama', 'Baba', 'Hello' and 'Uh-oh'. Everytime he says a word it is like music to my years.
His laugh is to die for. It melts my heart every time. The first time I heard him belly laugh was when we went to South Carolina in August 2012 and Benji's Aunt Jean was making him laugh. I smile just thinking about it. Now he laughs all the time. He'll be funny just like his daddy.
His first haircut was September 29, 2012. He was 5 months old; he has since had two more and is currently in need of another.
Cohen started crawling/scooting when he was 6 months old. From 6 months to 10 months he mastered the army crawl and nothing more. At 10 months he decided walking was a necessity. Shortly after he was walking. He was very nervous at first. He would only walk when holding mom or dad's hand. At 11 months he started getting a little more courage. He didn't need mom or dad to help him as much. He found a comforting 'nervous tick' to help him out. Each time (still sometimes) he would start walking he would put his right hand up to his right ear and hold it there as he toddled around. Cutest thing I've ever seen. Now he cruises with no help at all. He's an angel.
I wish I could express his personality in words. It is a challenge. He has a temper and he knows what he wants but that temper ONLY comes out when he hasn't had enough sleep or when we've run him ragged. Otherwise, he is a mild-tempered, extremely happy child. I couldn't have asked for any better. In only 1 year he has been to both coasts (South Carolina to California), I think he will be our little traveler. We go to his doctor appointment on Friday so we can see how big he has gotten. He is about 21.5 lbs. and is getting taller every day. I love him so much!
As a mother I feel like I have learned so much in this last year. Being a mother is so challenging but it is THE most rewarding thing I have ever done. I wouldn't trade what I have for anything. I pray that I can become the mother that Heavenly Father wants me to become. This sweet little spirit he has sent me deserves the best!


No comments:
Post a Comment