Sunday night was probably one of the roughest nights we've had since Cohen was born, he did not want to sleep at all. That made my first day back at work a bit of a blur and I was too tired to cry at all. Day two was definitely a lot more challenging. I called Benjamin right after I dropped him off and cried all the way to work. Day three my car wouldn't start (we need a new battery) and I cried while talking to a patient. How embarrassing. That is the life of a working mom I guess. I am extremely proud to be a mom and would stay home if I could but that is not what I need to be doing right now. As strange as this may sound I am confident that Benjamin and I are doing what is best for our family at this time, I have recieved confirmation of that. That confirmation also helps me get through each day!
Cohen has entered the smiling and cooing stage and is non-stop doing both. It brings me so much joy! His smile will melt your heart!
I am pretty sure he laughed at me this morning too! He is such a happy baby, we are so blessed! I've discovered he loves kissy noises, Disney songs, and Faith Hill's 'Wild One'. Maybe because mom and dad look like big dorks as we make faces and sing songs to him. He is a special boy. The Lord has truly blessed our family and I am extremely grateful!
Sunday was such a special day! Cohen received his baby blessing and Benjamin was able to give his first ever baby blessing! The day started out as kind of a disaster...Cohen was extremely fussy for some reason, our house was a mess, Benji had to go to a meeting that morning and I was all out of sorts. On the upside Cohen looked adorable in his white outfit and we made it to church about 20 minutes early. Just in time to realize that I had given everyone the wrong address. Go me! It all worked out though because everyone made it there in time and we could not be any more grateful for ALL of the support! My grandparents, a couple of my wonderful aunt's and uncles from my mom's side, cousins from both sides of the family, plenty of close family friends, our former bishop and his family, my mission president and his wife and of course my parents and siblings and their families (minus those that were thinking of us in Maryland and South Carolina...we missed y'all). Thank you family and close friends! It means the world to us that we know we have your support!
The blessing itself was wonderful from what I was told. I couldn't hear a single word the microphone was broken. : ( Kind of funny though because they tried to fix it after Benjamin started the blessing and it started picking up a radio station. It wasn't super loud but you could definitely hear some background noise. Benjamin didn't even notice that no one could hear him. I asked him about it later and he said that he never even noticed. He didn't even realize that anyone else was standing in the cirlce with him; he said it felt like it was just him, Cohen, and the Spirit. He is such an inspiring person. I am so thankful for him and they way he honors the Priesthood that he holds. It is moments like those that you realize how wonderful our Father in Heaven is to us and how beautiful the plan of salvation is. I'm thankful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and my forever family!
**Blessing pics to come!!**
We didn't do a lunch after because I needed to prep myself for going back to work. My prepping consisted mostly of holding Cohen every second that I could. My wonderful mom and sister got dinner for us so we could just come home and relax. It helped a ton! On a funny note, Benjamin said the FUNNIEST thing that day. I nearly peed my paints, which isn't too rare around him; he is funny! We were sitting on the floor eating and I was holding Cohen. We got finished eating, Benji got up to put the dishes in the sink and I started to get up off the floor. If anyone has ever tried getting off the floor while holding a baby it isn't the easiest thing in the world. I was using the couch to help me and was midway between sitting and standing when Benji came back in the room. He looked at me and instead of rushing to my aide, he said, 'Be careful, don't give yourself a hemmoroid!' Um, WHAT? A Hemmoroid? HAHAHAHA. I couldn't get up for a few minutes after that I was laughing so hard. He always knows when he says something he doesn't mean to because I laugh so hard I can hardly speak. All I could say amidst my laughing was 'You mean hernia??' It was pretty funny.
He loves being outside and we love sitting with him by the pool! Especially his dad!
Today was Cohen's two month check-up! He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight! He is now 12 lbs. 5oz and 23 1/4 inches long! He is a growing boy! I am so proud of him!
Love the pun in your blog name! Congratulations on your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteNice farmers tan bubba lol:) and Katie I love the blog you are doing an amazing job!!
ReplyDelete